Lead Engineering Technician 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Provide support to the department management with regards to accomplishing tasks. Provide guidance and directives while working beside technicians to maintain a 130,000 Sq. Ft. Biotech Facility.
II: Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Support the department management
* Provide guidance and directives to Technicians
* The individual will perform various duties as required to support 24/7 Plant and Process operations in a cGMP environment
* Must be able to work 3:00- 11:00, 11:00-7:00 shift including some weekends
* Must be able to respond to emergency on calls
* Monitor critical plant systems
* Perform system testing and meter readings
* Perform planned and unplanned maintenance
* Work with and manage vendors
* Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical issues that may arise
* Maintain records of building operations, repairs, parts, and equipment
* Creation and execution of Preventative Maintenance documents and Standard Operating Procedures
* Will write Deviations, CAPASs, Change Controls and SOP Revisions
* Will assist in failure investigations (root cause) and help provide corrective/preventive actions to Deviations and equipment failures
* Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
* HS Diploma/GED
* Maryland Third Grade Stationary Engineering License with Second Grade preferred
* Prior clean room experience
* Universal CFC Refrigerant License preferred
* Prior experience in general utility systems, boilers, electrical, HVAC, and refrigeration systems
* Prior experience with critical utility systems, purified water systems, clean steam, pharmaceutical gasses, classified HVAC systems
* Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority
* Must be customer service and quality driven
* Prior cGMP experience
* Prior experience in an environment that implemented and maintained advanced maintenance techniques such as preventive and predictive maintenance programs (Preferably SAP)
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
* The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.