Lead Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONLEAD NETWORK ENGINEER
Job ID: 2020-24765
Location: Tyler, TX 75701
Due to COVID-19, we are prioritizing Internal AUSA candidates for the first 10 business days.
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Altice USA is seeking a Lead Network Engineer with extensive experience designing and building diverse and complex multi-vendor networks. The candidate will play a key role in the design and implementation of processes, procedures, policies, and standards related to the enterprise network and is responsible for the technical "success" of these projects. The candidate must be capable of leading project-related technical meetings and multitasking across many diverse project activities, ultimately ensuring that cost-effective and efficient infrastructure environments are built to satisfy project requirements and business objectives.
* Research/analyze/define/propose/design/document/implement network solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment to achieve business objectives.
* Clearly and concisely communicate both written and verbally with peers, management and business stakeholders.
* Develop documentation including operations manuals and procedural documents
* Generate and validate ROI and budget calculations for network solutions.
* Generate technical presentations based on results of design/sand-box testing and present to upper management.
* Appropriately respond to and successfully deliver any and all ad hoc requests made by the management team.
* Participate in advanced problem resolution.
* Develop automation routines
Qualifications / Requirements
* Expert level technical knowledge and 8+ years experience in the design and implementation of Cisco route/switch/VPN/firewall in large 1000+ node Enterprise environments
* Expert level knowledge of routed protocols - BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VXLAN/EVPN
* Experience in the design and deployment of virtualized Data Center networks utilizing Cisco Application-Centric
* Infrastructure on Nexus 9k/5k/2k platforms and VMWare NSX
* Experience migrating from traditional tiered data center designs to Cisco ACI and other SDN methods
* Excellent understanding of VPN technologies (site-to-site, remote access client, IPSec, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL/clientless/AnyConnect, tunnels between firewalls, routers)
* Experience with cloud delivery models including Openstack, AWS, and GCS
* Extensive experience with packet sniffing and Protocol Analysis Software
* Deep understanding of VRF
* Proficiency with F5 load balancing platforms
* Experience with Cisco VoIP Platforms
* Cisco and Aruba WiFi knowledge, both autonomous and controller-based
* Experience with NAC solutions from Cisco or Aruba for integration with wireless and wired infrastructure
* Experience with Cisco next-gen ASA/FTD/Firepower platforms and associated management systems
* Experience working with Checkpoint appliance platforms and all associated management systems
* Development of automation solutions to integrate with existing route, switch, load balancing, and firewall technologies a plus
* Experience with Python scripting a plus
* BS,BA, EE or Equivalent, relevant network certifications (CCNP, CCIE) and/or equivalent work experience
* Industry Certifications across several disciplines a plus
* Superior documentation skills
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and self-manage tasks
* Moderate travel with little or no notice
* Required to participate in an on-call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.