Lead Shop Mechanic 8/19/2020
University of California - Riverside
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LEAD SHOP MECHANIC
202003133961 Full Time Other $59,028 - $79,448
Under general direction of the Supervisor, performs operational level duties as lead shop mechanic. The position will be responsible for acting as the lead in the maintenance, repair, hazardous materials, fabrication and minor alterations of equipment at two field stations under Agricultural Operations. Set priorities for repair work orders and maintenance. Utilize shop maintenance software to track equipment and maintenance records. Responsible to implement and follow all regulatory policies for the safe operation of the shop. Prepare budget projections and process work orders for sales and service.
Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations and 4 years of experience as a farm machinery mechanic; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma
Experience, abilities and knowledge to direct the operations of a maintenance, repair, and fabrication shop.
knowledge and experience in the repair, maintenance of light to heavy trucks, tractors, implements, spray, turf, and construction equipment.
Ability to analyze and prepare budgetary projections, estimates, and keep accurate records of activities.
Knowledge and experience with electrical circuitry and repair of 12 and 24 volt systems.
Knowledge and ability in the use of shop equipment such as hand tools, air tools, jacks, lifts, welders, lathes, milling machines, shapers, presses and diagnostic equipment.
Knowledge experience to implement shop safety procedures and injury prevention in compliance with regulatory entities.
Ability and experience to communicate and work well with supervisor, colleagues, subordinates, research personnel, and outside vendors.
Be able to move up to 40 pounds.
Experience in a University setting.
Class A license.
Strong background and practical farm experience.
Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Knowledge of high voltage electrical circuitry.
5 years of supervisory experience in an operation of a agricultural shop.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position