Lead Solar Roofer 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role:
The Lead Solar Roofer will be part of Tesla s Field Energy Operations team. As a leader at Tesla, the Lead Solar Roofer will continuously model to others Tesla standards and responsibilities including policy compliance, quality standards, and efficiency goals. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time.
* Responsible onsite leader considered an expert in all aspects of energy system installation, responsible for mentoring and training crew members on new processes, concepts, and products
* Expert in installation and commissioning of energy systems on roofs including array layout, and mounting hardware based on site conditions and customers needs and expectations
* Able to guide and teach crew members on how to resolve equipment issues and failures onsite
* Ensures team members follow building standards and codes when installing panels and support structures
* Applies advanced knowledge to improve processes and proactively reviews workmanship onsite
* Consistently tracks and monitors productivity goals and communicates areas of opportunity to the crew to contribute to overall improvement
* Collaborates with warehouse team to ensure all materials and equipment necessary for installation are available onsite and communicates job status to customer and leadership
* Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
* Performs routine maintenance on energy systems
* Capable of completing work both with a team and as a lone worker
* Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
* Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* Extensive knowledge of PV equipment and installation
* Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
* Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to read building plans and equipment manuals
* Ability to safely handle power tools and hand tools as well as materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
* Able to bend conduit unassisted.
* Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
* Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Vocational or technical school training preferred
* Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
* Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
* Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.