Licensed Practical Nurse-Acute Care-Full-Time-Day
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
Prisma Health Upstate
JOB DESCRIPTIONINSPIRE HEALTH. SERVE WITH COMPASSION. BE THE DIFFERENCE.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse/Physician, provides nursing care for patients. Assumes responsibility for data collection related to patient status, on-going monitoring, measuring, and documentation of patient responses; provides patient/family instruction. Performs additional patient care functions for which appropriately licensed.
* Provides patient care based upon individualized plan of care as delegated by the Registered Nurse/Physician including patient's physical, emotional, cultural, spiritual psychosocial, and education needs.
* Monitors and documents patient status and condition which may include vital signs, drains, dressings, and lab values.
* Informs appropriate Registered Nurse/Physician of activities performed, observations of patients and their responses, and changes in patient status.
* Maintain and/or ensures accurate maintenance of patient's medical records and treats patient records as confidential.
* Collects and documents data as delegated by the Registered Nurse/Physician, which may require the use of specialilzed equipment such as glucometer, pulse oximetry, etc. Orients patient/family to room and unit routines
* Administers and documents administration of medications per policy
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Post high school education up to 18 months
SOUTH CAROLINA LPN license (Lawson Code NLPN)
IN LIEU OF THE ABOVE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Day (United States of America)
Simpsonville Medical Campus
1003 Hillcrest Hospital
10036050 Nursing Service
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Prisma Health is the largest not-for-profit health organization in South Carolina, serving more than 1.2 million patients annually. The company has one Purpose: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference. Comprised of two affiliates: Prisma Health - Upstate and Prisma Health - Midlands, Prisma Health is dedicated to improving the health of all South Carolinians through improved clinical quality, access to care and patient experience, while also addressing the rising cost of health care. The affiliates are nationally recognized as some of the best places to work and to receive care. With more than 30,000 team members, physicians and volunteers, Prisma Health is the state s largest private employer. Prisma Health works to improve the health of the local communities in the Midlands and Upstate regions through its community health programs. As one of the 50 largest health systems in the country, Prisma Health is committed to academic and clinical research excellence.