LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center - 2nd & 3rd Shift ONLY 6/4/2020
Seven Counties Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION SUMMARY: The LPNA performs duties under the supervision and support of a Registered Nurse as prescribed by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN). The LPNA will assist and provide basic ADL s of patients and carries out and documents medication and treatment process. This position is required to understand and follow all patient safety policies and procedures, to participate in required Patient Safety training programs, to support and abide by the National Patient Safety Goals as interpreted and applied at this hospital, and to do all that is reasonable to prevent injury to patients, employees, the facility, and the general public. During the provisional licensure period, the LPNA receives continuous performance evaluations by a Registered Nurse.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a recent graduate from an approved nursing program and obtain a provisional license that is valid for six months issued by the KBN. After completion of the clinical internship, the employee must successfully complete the NCLEX and obtain full licensure. Must have computer competency in approved hospital systems. THE EMPLOYEE SHALL BECOME FAMILIAR WITH HIPAA REGULATIONS AND DO THEIR UTMOST TO PROTECT ALL PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI) AND OTHER PERSONAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION WITHIN THEIR TRUST IN THE COURSE OF STATE BUSINESS BY APPLYING APPROPRIATE SAFEGUARDS AND SHARING ONLY THE INFORMATION REQUIRED TO DELIVER AGENCY SERVICES. ANY PERSONAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION OVERHEARD OR SEEN BY THE EMPLOYEE WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL BY NOT SHARING IT WITH OTHERS, ON OR OFF THE WORK-SITE GROUNDS.
% DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
60 Conducts patient care in accordance with treatment plan and professional nursing process and standards; completes and supervises others in completion of basic ADL s and safety measures for patients. Assures conduct and performance is consistent with hospital and nursing department standards of practice and standards of care. Assist with, carries out, and documents medication/treatment processes through the transcription of orders, administration of medications and treatments, ordering of medical and treatment supplies, and the accurate use of equipment in accordance with individualized cultural, gender and age specific needs. Provides patient and family teaching in accordance with assessed needs and treatments plans. Participates in the treatment planning process and helps evaluate patient response for treatment. Utilizes therapeutic communication and maintains the integrity and therapeutic nature of the milieu.
15 Completes documentation and assignments within established time frames. Meets medical records and departmental documentation requirements. Meets standards for infection control and prevention. Adheres to zero tolerance for patient abuse and ethical standards for the treatment of patients. Participates and directs ongoing process improvement activities.
10 Follows established regulatory personnel and departmental standards that include guidelines for proper attire, punctuality, attendance, and acceptance of responsibility. Demonstrates interpersonal skills that enhance communication with both internal and external customers.
5 Demonstrates development and increased competency through internal and external resources as identified by the Training Needs Assessment completed with supervisory input. Completes all annually required training according to established timeframes. Maintains valid nursing license.
5 Attends and participates in performance improvement teams, in-services, committees and meetings as required. Assists in the orientation of new staff when authorized.
5 Other related duties, as assigned.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Seven Counties Services employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Seven Counties Services.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Seven Counties Services training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Seven Counties Services and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Seven Counties Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.