Licensed Practical Nurse 6/5/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone s life today*
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
* Provide nursing care to patients in their homes through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation. Provide home nursing care needs of assigned patients under the direction of an RN.
* Assess the acuity of the patient in a timely and accurate manner.
* Independently prioritize and complete routine assignments consistently, accurately and within the guidelines under the direction of a registered nurse.
* Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care measured by complete and accurate documentation.
* Complete and update patient plan of care as needed/required. Assure documentation that reflects plan of care is appropriate and current.
* Teach patients and families based on identified health needs. Chart, audit and demonstrate documentation of teaching goals and plans. Ensure teaching is appropriate by working with primary nurse.
* Report patients problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in clinical record.
* Graduate of LPN Program
* Six (6) Months Experience
* BLS & CPR Required
* Home Care experience preferred
* NJ LPN license Required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.