Software Development Engineer I - Thunderhead 8/22/2020
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Software Development Engineer I - Thunderhead
This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
Accountabilities in this role include:
* Generating Interactive communications (Draft Editor, Data Capture, ipdf's)
* Thunderhead/Smart Communication API's
* Authoring business templates as per the business requirements
* Consolidating form templates, recognizing common graphical elements, information blocks, layouts, variable data requirements, functional similarity and multilingual
* Developing and documenting forms designs and form specifications, including form usage and derivation rules, data mapping, variable logic, templates, styles, layout etc.
* Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
* Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems.
* Provides consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems.
* Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment.
* Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
* Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
* Develops simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
* Prepares system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
* Develops innovative solutions to problems.
* Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
* Determines program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work.
* Takes initiative and seeks out work.
* Prepares program, system, operational and User documentation.
* Performs testing and documents the results.
* Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by Cambia. Those include, but are not limited to, technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team, regular one on one meetings with Lead or Manager, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
* Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
* May be responsible for on-call duties as defined by management.
Your professional experience and education should include:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field and relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will typically include significant involvement with one or more of the following key technologies: DataStage, SQL Statement generation, .NET, Unix Scripting, Node.js. Python, Java or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 2+ years using SmartCOMM
* Strong understanding of SmartCOMM or Thunderhead concepts & development
* SMARTCOMM(Thunderhead) Suits of Products Advanced Template Designer (Business Content Studio and Admin), Data Modeler (Business Object Studio), Review Now, Interview Now and Dashboard
* SmartCOMM Modules - Data Modeler, Advanced Template Designer and Web Editor
* Smart Communications Appliance Configuration and Deployment Models (Cloud/Hybrid)
* Strong undertstanding of preparing XML data schema and their mapping to business data objects.
* Should be well versed in creation of Static Layouts for Print and Responsive Layouts for Web.
* Technical knowledge in creating Simple, Scriptable Batch Config/Template Selector and Output Configurations for post processing.
* Expertise on Java/J2EE, JSON, Web services is strongly desired.
* Experience with CCM tool is desirable.
* Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
* Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
* Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
* Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
* Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
* Able to work with minimum direction.
* Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
* Communicate effectively with peers.
* Exposure to Agile and Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
* Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
* Ability to become technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
* Ability to adapt to changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
* Exposure to Continuous Integration and Deployment practices.
* Exposure to defensive programming.
LifeMap employees are part of the larger Cambia Health Solution s family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
LifeMap is a life and disability insurance company, which offers additional benefits such as dental, vision, and short term medical coverage, to provide financial protection and access to care. People do business with us because of our high value products, our easy-to-understand language and our personalized service. We provide thoughtful guidance to help people choose the coverage they truly need through life s transitions.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.