Line Feeder 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for moving raw materials from the storage areas/materials supermarkets and components from the production areas to the work areas. Reads the work orders/production tickets to determine the appropriate materials to pull and move. May use carts to transport materials. Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Continuous walking and standing the entire shift (standing at the workstation, walking short distances around the workstation, between the workstation and material staging)
- Frequent reaching overhead (reaching above shoulder level for component parts from staging carts onto the mattress, reaching for glue gun or nail gun)
- Frequent pulling/pushing of mattresses weighing up to 200 pounds from worktable to transfer table or conveyor.
- Frequent repetitive use of hands/arms to operate glue and /or nail gun as well as handle various mattress components
- Frequent grasping (gripping component parts, stretching panels over mattress corners)
- Frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 pounds (mattress component parts)
- Occasional lifting and carrying of items weighing over 50 pounds, with assistance (larger mattress components and mattresses)
- Good shoulder and arm strength
- Must be able to learn and identify the many different incoming materials by sight and code
- Must be able to work flexible hours