Linux System Administrator III (Server) 6/4/2020
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc.
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR FOR U.S. GOVERNMENT CLIENT - 5K SIGN-ON BONUS.
Tetra Concepts, a Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) company, a recognized leader in solving the toughest management and technology problems of our defense and intelligence community is actively seeking a Linux System Administrator to join our growing team located in Salt Lake City, UT. TS/SCI with poly will be needed before starting.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR III shall have a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration. IAT Level II Certification Required. The individual can have additional five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor s Degree, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking Linux. * Servers running Red Hat, CentOS, SolarisX64, SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
* Server and Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.), firmware management, configuration management and advance hardware troubleshooting
* Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with Linux advanced commands and utilities at the enterprise server level.
* Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
* Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
* Individual shall be able to provide tier 2/3 enterprise-level support for services such as DNS, NFS, E-mail services (Microsoft Exchange, Sendmail), security protection mechanisms (ACLs, Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux), and the interoperability of Linux and Windows based systems.
* Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise patch management strategies (ePO, WSUS, YUM Repositories)
* Manage and troubleshoot scripts, Kickstart servers and configuration files
* Accepted professional certifications include:
o Linux+ or higher
o COMPTIA Sec+
Benefits You ll Enjoy:
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage (company paid premiums)
* Generous Leave
* 401k with 100% immediate vest in the plan
* $7,500 referral bonus for fully-cleared candidates
* Tuition/training assistance and Technology Allowance
What Employees Say:
Exceptional people to work with on a daily basis.
Very good pay and monthly organized fun events for employees
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer s expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
Engage Your Expertise We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation s highest priorities.
Join us at PSS, where your mission is ours.