Local Class A Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/14/2019
END DATE 12/20/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCAL CLASS A DRIVER
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
Ferrellgas is seeking a Full-Time Class A CDL Blue Rhino Delivery Driver. We are willing to train the right individual for the position. As a member of our team, you will pick up and deliver propane cylinders to retail customers, maintain the appearance of our displays and signs, ensure propane placement meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and company guidelines, and provide overall customer service to our retail customers. Blue Rhino drivers can expect approximately 15 stops a day, with an average of 40 tanks per stop. This includes physically lifting 40 lb cylinders in each hand over 200 times a day.
* Local routes and territories home every night
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance Plans
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Bonus potential
* Paid time off (including holidays)
* Paid uniforms
* Paid training and tuition reimbursement
* Propane discounts
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane exchange tanks to and from specified destinations
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures
* Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures
* During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires
* Maintains compliance with all DOT requirements
* Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines
* Participates in required on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response
* Supports customer demand by working evening hours and weekends, as needed
* Must have a Class A CDL
* Must have Hazmat endorsements, or be able to obtain them quickly
* Will train the right candidate
* Good driving record
* Physically able to lift 40 pounds in each hand, up to 200 times per day, in all weather conditions.
* High School diploma or equivalent
For more than 75 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, grilling, and agricultural propane needs. Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Blue Rhino is a name known throughout the country for propane cylinders used for a variety of reasons, such as for gas grills, camping, patio heaters, outdoor fireplaces and so much more. If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today! Ferrellgas is an equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.