Logistician III 6/5/2020
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy.
The person selected for this position shall assist the federal Biodetection Logistics Support Lead in logistical activities. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the defense of the Nation in a new and developing office.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. Founded in 1961 as a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
This position will be located on a client site in Washington, DC. Finalists must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and Secret Clearance.
* Supervises logistical personnel performing tasking associated with engineering or acquisition projects, and performance based logistics.
* Prepares integrated logistic plans and policy and procedures for logistic support for major systems.
* Ensures that proper logistic considerations are included in the system development processes at each major milestone.
* Performs analyses to determine system maintainability, reliability, and supportability requirements.
* Documents results of the analysis in a report format.
* Develops systems maintenance concepts and plans and life cycle supply requirements and processes to meet supply requirements.
* Performs cost analyses associated with systems logistic support and develops and reviews systems acquisition projects operating plans and procedures to ensure logistic support considerations are included.
* Performs technical training, configuration management, and quality assurance.
* Maintain program logistics space in Department of Health and Human Services Perry Point Supply Center.
* Must have a Master's degree in a relevant technical area with logistics. Certification as a level II Program Manager/Logistics manager is desired.
* At least 16 years experience in logistic/acquisition.
* Candidates must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and obtain a Secret clearance.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. .