Logistics Associate / Inventory Control / Customer Service - Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Schott North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONInternational technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * more than 16,000 employees in 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
Our Business Unit Home Tech with its innovative solutions made of special glass and glass ceramic, is a leading global supplier in the home appliance- and consumer electronics industry. CERAN(R) glass-ceramic panels for cooktops are one of SCHOTT's great success stories. Numerous processing technologies, materials, components and modules allow solutions for a wide range of applications - in the areas of cooking, baking, heating and also safety, which includes fire protection as well as cover- and ultra-thin glass for mobile devices and innovations in the area of diagnostics.
* Verifies purchase order request in price, revision and due date using knowledge of orders and both manual and electronic order processing
* Coordinate and conduct cycle counts of inventory. Maintains inventory data
* Processes and maintains Import Records. Updates Import Records to keep the records current
* Verifies receipt of material and conducts incoming inspection on component materials used for assembly
* Maintains Vendor Matrix and coordinates returns of goods
* Assists with vendor reviews for purchased materials
* Backup to the Logistics / Accounting Associate. As back up purchases raw material
* Backup to Customer Service Associate
* Cross train and maintain proficiency as back up for jobs within the department
* Completes projects which affect warehousing, logistics, and customer satisfaction
* 2 years experience in purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, warehousing or customer service area
* Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge in MRP and Inventory software
* Problem solving skills Customer and service orientation, Autonomous work skills, Structured thinking
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company.
We do so by offering individual care services, such as offering programs including flexible and part-time work schedules in support of creating a better balance between work and family. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us* Then, please send us your application:
SCHOTT North America, Inc., Vincennes Human Resources
SCHOTT North America, Inc. and SCHOTT Gemtron Corporation are both Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. SCHOTT's inclusion philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment is prohibited.