Logistics Engineer II / Supply Chain Coordinator 6/4/2020
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive Material Requests (MR) from SRC personnel performing installation activities aboard ships being overhauled at Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, VA
- Create serialized material requisitions based on MRs
- Catalog MRs, enter MRs into tracking system to report status and to drive MRs to completion
- Forward MRs to procurement personnel at an SRC subcontractor in Suffolk, VA for material ordering, receiving, and delivery to the ship space
- Maintain material status tracker in real time and post to SRC network so that management at NNS and SRC Charleston can access the information
- Professionally and effectively coordinate with SRC personnel at NNS and an SRC subcontractor in Suffolk, VA to ensure the material needs of SRC installers are met
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.