Logistics Specialist 8/22/2020
Loves Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
Job ID: 13439
Baltimore, MD, US Ames, IA, US Loves Park, IL, US JOB DESCRIPTION
The Transportation Specialist reports to the Transportation Manager within Global Services- Logistics for the North America region of Danfoss supporting four business segments in more than twenty locations in the US, Mexico and Canada. This is a leadership opportunity where you will be working with the established team to enhance the current network and help lay the groundwork for expansive growth. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
* Develop and implement transportation strategy to include management of inbound and outbound lanes
* Manage day to day operations
* Route freight (all modes)
* Cost analysis
* Constant review of current lanes and assessment of consolidation opportunities
* Oversee freight audit and payment process and reporting
* Develop and maintain SOP s for all department processes
* Manage claims processes, reporting and training
* Develop programs to reduce transportation costs and create efficiencies within the network
* Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and key players in all US facilities
* Proactively research and report on trends and industry changes and make recommendations
* Perform other tasks as assigned by the Transportation Manager
* Develop strong relationships with service providers
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
* Minimum 5-10 years of transportation specific experience preferably within a transportation department that purchases carrier services (all modes)
* Freight audit and pay experience a plus
* Superb customer service skills
* Proficient in Microsoft products
* Strong sense of urgency with the ability to navigate issues and find resolutions
* Experience working with all modes of transportation, domestic and international (international strength a plus)
* Out of the box thinker
* Effective analytical and problem- solving skills
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize accordingly
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
* TMS/SAP/ERP experience preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Keen attention to detail and results driven
* Bachelor s degree preferred
DANFOSS ENGINEERING TOMORROW
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder s mindset action speaks louder than words , we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.