Logistics Supervisor - 12 hour nights - Hannibal, MO 5/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
General Mills is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor in Hannibal, MO to provide Logistics/Warehouse leadership to deliver a world-class operation. Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor lead, motivate, and develop employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing and Warehousing results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Zero Loss Culture) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork. The person in this role will be assigned to 12 shift nights working a 3-2-2 schedule and must be flexible to cover other shift as business need dictates.
The leader in this role will have primary accountability for safety, process rigor, training, and direction setting for their team to ensure excellent service to the production departments. They will be primarily focused on the raw material handling warehouse and dock areas/personnel in the plant operation. The expectation will be to become familiarized with the full logistics operation, to include the Inbound/Outbound operation and supplying production lines.
* Educate, develop and motivate a material handling work group to achieve results, improving individual technical skills and enabling collaboration across boundaries
* Identify, initiate, and lead safety improvement initiatives. Address safety concerns immediately
* Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a day to day basis-commitment to results
* Effectively conduct team meetings to communicate organizational and policy changes
* Support raw material and finished goods cycle count program
* Establish and sustain sound relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovative methods are used to involve others in creative solutions to issues
* Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant objectives on a day to day basis
* Facilitate, coach, counsel, and guide the work group to ensure that they have the ability to deliver results year over year through the use of continuous improvement tools and strategies
* Ensure timely deliverables around flow of materials
* Schedule wage team staffing needs accordingly with material flow needs on a weekly basis
* Develop and administer performance appraisals, development plans, and corrective action
* Interact daily with Quality, Operations and Planning and Maintenance to achieve daily logistics goals
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 1-3 years' relevant logistics/manufacturing experience required
* Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
* Ability to understand and use inventory management tools (i.e. Red Prairie/SAP/Excel)
* Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
* Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
* Demonstrated understanding of technology and providing solutions to technical challenges
* Strong conceptual skills and ability to implement change
* Flexibility to work off shifts, weekends, and holidays as required
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.