Logistics Technician 1 11/7/2019
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: The Logistics Technician 1 is responsible for unloading raw materials used for making biodiesel and loading the finished fuel and co-products onto tanker trailers and railcars. Logistics Tech 1's must also enter shipping information into the AS400 and Agris computer programs so all load info can be tracked.
* Maintain a safe, clean work environment by observing all local, state, and federal regulations regarding health, safety, and the environment. This includes all established plant and lab safety practices to ensue good housekeeping/hygiene practices are maintained.
* Obtain a sample of each incoming load and make judgement decisions on quality, to determine if further testing is required prior to unloading.
* Transfer raw material from delivery vehicles to designated storage tanks; understand the proper procedure for unloading tankers and know the consequences if not vented properly, and product contamination if transferred into incorrect storage tanks.
* Understand and follow BQ9000 policy and procedures for all pre-loading inspections.
* Transfer finished fuel and co-products from designated storage tanks to delivery vehicles; understand the proper procedure for loading tankers and consequences if not vented properly.
* Will be required to operate a forklift, skid steer, utility vehicle, pickup truck, and/or other forms of delivery or moving materials.
* Use knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques to maximize the effective shipping and receiving of goods.
* Review, release, and record shipping information, shipment results and handle bills of lading.
* Perform maintenance of shipping/receiving equipment and keep maintenance records as directed.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 1+ years experience in a chemical or petrochemical environment preferred.
* Must have a basic understanding of proper material handling, especially acid/base chemistry and the effects of mixing the two improperly
* Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and work orders in English furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form using basic Microsoft tools.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
* Valid drivers license with acceptable MVR required
WHY JOIN SEABOARD ENERGY?
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD ENERGY:
As a Seaboard Corporation company, we work collaboratively with the other Seaboard companies to promote sustainable energy projects, including but not limited to, the production of biodiesel, RNG from biogas, and compressed natural gas.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: