LPN HOME HEALTH 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Ascenison at Home is seeking a Full-Time LPN for Home Health in Indianapolis!
Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family, and referring agency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
* Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered with appropriate documentation
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers
* Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physicians, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals as necessary
* Participates in planning and implementing specialized procedures and duties assisting the RN. Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
* Under the direction of the RN, assists in identifying the patient s physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, and team report
* Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Practical nursing
* Current State License as a Licensed Practical Nurse
* Current Driver s License
* Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
* Two years of experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting, home health preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
* Good interpersonal skills.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.