LPN - OLOL Healthcare Centers in Schools
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
Health Care Centers in Schools
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONHealth Care Centers in SchoolsBaton Rouge, LADepartment Title: OLOL Healthcare Centers in SchoolsNursingFull-time, DAYS, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
SCHEDULE NOTE: HEALTH CARE CENTERS FOR SCHOOLS STAFF OBSERVE THE SAME 9 MONTH CALENDAR SCHOOL YEAR AS THE PARISH SCHOOL SYSTEM INCLUDING THE SAME SCHEDULED BREAKS SUCH AS CHRISTMAS BREAK, SPRING BREAK AND SUMMER BREAK. HEALTH CARE CENTERS FOR SCHOOLS STAFF DOES NOT WORK WHEN SCHOOL IS NOT IN SESSION.
The LPN Clinic is responsible for providing patient care following established standards and practices. Assists physician, nurse, and staff with the daily coordination of patient care and patient access. Coordinates patient flow, schedules appointments, procedures, tests and referrals. May serve as a preceptor for clinical staff. Relies on guidelines to accomplish tasks. Relies on some experience and judgment to complete job. Works under general supervision. May lead and direct the work of others within scope of practice. TWO YEARS OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
EDUCATION: Graduate of Accredited LPN program
LICENSURE: Current Louisiana License as LPN and BLS Certification
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES * Observes, records and reports (to physician) patient's condition and reaction to drugs and/or treatments. Instructs patient/family regarding diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and health/wellness issues.
* Performs selected nursing duties, including documenting patient history, vital signs, immunizations and allergies. Prepares, stocks and cleans exam room and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment.
* Provides complex and basic nursing care measures to all age groups. Assists physician with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.
* Responsible for appointment and referral scheduling, chart management, providing information and instructions to patients, and coordinating patient flow.
* Prepares exam room and assists physician during examination, treatment and testing of patient.
* Administers prescribed medications/treatments in accordance with nursing standards. May perform phlebotomy and EKG's and assist with flex sigmoidoscopies.
* Observes and adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and infection control standards.
* Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources in a prudent and efficient manner in order to ensure efficient departmental operations and the provision of high-quality health care services.
* Perform all other duties as assigned within scope of practice.