Lung Biology Center - Specialists 9/13/2018
University of California - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LUNG BIOLOGY CENTER - SPECIALISTS APPLY NOW TO LUNG BIOLOGY CENTER - SPECIALISTS
* SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Medicine
Open date: September 12th, 2018
Next review date: Monday, Dec 30, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee. Final date: Thursday, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Lung Biology Center in the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is now recruiting Specialists. The area of specialization and/or responsibilities for these positions include: specialized research related to pulmonary biology using techniques of bioinformatics, statistical genetics, pulmonary function measurements, molecular biology, cell biology, and in vivo disease models.
* Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
* Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
* Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
* Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
* Post-graduate training in field.
* Independent specialized research.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The Univeristy of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underutilized minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02127
San Francisco, CA
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
* 3 required (contact information only)
Apply now to Lung Biology Center - Specialists or
Log in to your portfolio
Need help* Contact the hiring department.
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, San Francisco is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports