Machine Operator - Automatic Rolls of North Carolina (Clayton, NC) 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking a Machine Operator responsible for ensuring the proper mix and development of the dough to result in a high quality finished product. We exceed customer expectations through a continuous improvement process; and leverage our employee and supplier resources. We are looking for individuals who have passion for delivering 100% Customer Satisfaction through consistent, predictable, high quality products.
Become an important part of a culture focused on creating an experience and promoting life-long learning.
* Meet with the previous mixer operator at the beginning of the shift to discuss doughs currently being mixed
* Scale ingredients one dough at a time using small scoops, which can hold up to 5 lbs of ingredient per scoop
* Load 50 lb bags of ingredients into the mixer. Load 60 lb buckets into the mixer. With assistance from another employee load up to 100 lb buckets of reclaim dough into the mixer
* Scale ingredients for the next dough according to the dough schedule
* Pull the dough trough to the front of the mixer once the dough has completed its cycle
* Using the mixer controls \\"kick\\" the dough into the dough trough
* Communicates any issues to the proper Supervisor or Manager
* Other related duties as assigned by the Production Superintendent and Supervisor
1) Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
2) Promotes safety in all areas of operations.
1) Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
2) Follows proper G. M. P.'s at all times.
* Prior experience working in a Bread or Bun bakery, preferably one year
* Basic literacy skills, able to read and comprehend instructions, signage, warnings, etc.
* General knowledge of how machinery works
* Good hand / eye coordination
* Able to count and perform basic math
* Able to read and write
* Able to keep up with machine speed through repetitive motion
* Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage
* Capable of lifting up to 60 pounds without assistance. Up to 100 lbs with assistance
* Able to stand for 10-12 hours per day
* Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant
* Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
* Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
* Able to read and comprehend production schedule
* Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job
Standing for approximately 90% of scheduled shift, lifting, bending and twisting on a regular basis; lifting up to 60 lbs. and 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance; negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull, etc.
In performing the duties of this job, the individual is exposed to wet or humid conditions, hot or cold climate, work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level of the work environment is considered moderate to loud.
Near vision needed to read and prepare paper and computerized data and reports, and to examine and compile records.
The individual must complete all annual safety training, ergonomics, and any specialized and/or skill ware training this is required to perform his/her job.
* Medical, Prescription Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* 401(k) Matching Program
* Paid Holidays and PTO
* Short-Term Disability paid for by company
* Life Insurance paid for by company
* Training and Career Development Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.