Machine Operator - CM Blast Straightener 5/2/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
East Longmeadow, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform required duties to operate a number of grit blast machines to remove oxide coating from various types and sizes of bimetal steel saw coils following prescribed practices and procedures. Work from production orders, inventory listings, other written or verbal orders or instructions. Entry of data into computer where interpretation
- Assure matching of material to coil identification tag. Using overhead electric hoist, load coils of metal saw material onto feed table and position insert end of material through entry slot, between rollers, out exist opening and secure to reel on take up table. Assure proper positioning of limit switch and adjust nozzles to cover required area of blade surface. Close door and operate machine. Operation is automatic and shuts off at end of coil. Visually inspect to assure that take up table is operating, and entire blade is being cleaned. Tie processed rolls with tie wraps, retain coil identification with proper tag, remove from take up table and place in pile on skid. Maintain computer inventory by entering data.
- Set up and operate multiple simple type printing units to print limited information on blades at pre-determined spacing. Install stamp and adjust for blade height to position marking in center of blade add ink to reservoir, set guides and monitor operation. Inspect to assure proper marking, quality, etc. Clean printer.
- Perform routine servicing and maintenance duties to machines. Use hand tools to replace worn or defective ceramic nozzles, sleeves, air jets, gun bodies, hoses, etc. Clean internal screen of debris, foreign objects, etc. Vacuum units and add grit material as required. Use grease gun to grease unit monthly. Cut lengths of wire from coil as required.
- Maintain inventory of parts and necessary materials such as guns, nozzles, hoses, clamps, grit, etc. by requisitioning from supervisor.
- Detect and report defective or unsafe equipment and materials, as well as unusual situations.
OBSERVE AND OBEY ALL SAFETY RULES, PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
Hours: Sun, Mon, Tue, & ever other Wed 5p-5a
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law