Machine Operator-CNC Step Drill 5/2/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
East Longmeadow, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Responsibilities:
Perform Various duties including receiving incoming cutting tooling and bar stock, set up, change over and operate multiple CNC lathe, grinding and milling machines to product prints for diameters, flats, flutes and points on variety of sizes of Step drills following standard established practices, procedures and methods.
* . Work from work orders, packing slips, schedules, prescribed procedures for setting up and operating machines, other verbal or written orders or instructions.
* Set up blanking, grinding and milling machines to blank and grind shanks, step diameters and flutes. Mount, dress and balance wheels. Set Feed rate for size and type of bit, line up and adjust as necessary. Load bits into fully automatic cassette loader, monitor screen display and machine operation.
* Must be able to read and understand prints.
* Set up machine to blank and grind flutes, steps and points. Change over for various sizes and styles. Change cutting tools, fingers, cassettes, wheels as necessary. Make manual measurements such as height of table, wheel size etc. and enter data into control computer adjustments. Load bits into feed cassettes and remove finished parts. Follow established inspection procedure and frequency to check in process and finished parts for dimensions, finish and general appearance. Use brass tools to deburr finished parts
* Use various hand tools and measuring instruments in setting and adjusting machines, checking parts. Use electronic balancing grinding wheels.
* Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
* Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
* Knowledge of charts, specifications and micrometers.
* 1-2 years CNC, Measurement experience preferred (use of numbers including decimals)
* Light physical effort required, equivalent to lift, pushing, pulling 5 to 30 pounds.
* If internal candidate, must be in current position for at least two years (exceptions under discretion of Supervisor and HR department.
* Read, understand and follow standard work procedures including shop orders and Kanban signals
* Set-up and adjust equipment to produce parts that meet specifications
* Read engineering drawings and follow quality verification requirements
* Conduct "in process" inspections on a regular basis using precision measuring devices and SPC computer software
* Identify and make appropriate corrections to maintain expected level of quality
* Perform routine adjustments to equipment and attend to minor maintenance needs to maintain or improve established process cycle times
* Maintain ongoing production and set-up time records demonstrating equipment output levels of product by part number
* Maintain clean, uncluttered workplace; Perform TPM and 5S as scheduled.
* Adjust working hours and area of focus when needed.
* Attend production meetings when required.
* Work cooperatively to improve processes within the department.
Hours: Two week Rotating Schedule 5p-5a
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law