Machine Operator I 9/28/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
Responsible for day-to-day card production, maintenance of machinery and equipment, and any other procedures deemed necessary.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Setting up and operating a variety of automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the Company s product.
* Ensure that all machinery is operational.
* Perform daily cleaning of equipment and surrounding areas.
* Requires the ability to use specialized equipment.
* Keep scrap levels to a minimum.
* Maintain a high level of card quality.
* Ensure that the zero gap process is performed in the manner spelled out by the procedures.
* Interfacing with the customer in a professional manner, either by telephone or delivery.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Be able to work constructively with little supervision.
* Must be able to work on assignments that are moderately complex.
* Must be able to use a moderate amount of judgment required to perform assigned task.
* Able to learn and retain the operation of all equipment in the facility.
* Must be familiar with standard Microsoft Windows computer operation.
* Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
* Able to follow written and verbal instructions that can be very detailed in nature.
* Dependable / reliable.
* Must be able to function in a small group.
* Some college education preferred, but not required
* 1-2 years' experience in a production or manufacturing environment
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirements, such as:
* Generally not required, but, must have ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops
Working Conditions, such as:
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
* The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..