Machine Operator Milling Operator 5/2/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
East Longmeadow, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY:
Perform a variety of duties to set up and operate a group of CNC milling machines to mill/grind various types of teeth on several sizes and types of carbon steel and bi-metal band saw coil material.
- Exacting set ups to close tolerances
- Check coils to be milled and coil tag for record of previous operation
- Replace cutters after grind
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean orderly condition
- Report any material defects or discrepancies, equipment malfunctions to Supervisor
- Responsible for quality of work performed
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
Hours: Monday - Friday 5p-5a
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law