Machining Supervisor 7/25/2020
Midland Manufacturing, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground and below ground products for both conventional, vapor recovery and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets. Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV\\". To learn more about OPW's 125 years of providing industry-leading solutions, visit our website at www.opwglobal.com.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV.\\" Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Oversees all daily operations of machining area to ensure safety, quality, and productivity objectives are met through the use of lean principles. Machining Supervisor will be responsible for team performance and accomplishing company objectives through team leadership and development. Will be the key person to provide updates to management on assigned area performance, and provide order updates to customer service when needed.
Location: Skokie, IL
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Responsibilities:
* Drive safety throughout the organization by having daily safety talks, and ensuring all policies are followed
* Supervise direct reports to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and costs are met daily
* Supervise direct reports to ensure set-up and operation of a wide variety of machine tool equipment
* Leads team in working from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of complex machined components
* Leads team to determine operation methods and sequences; lay-out, set up and fabricating of precision parts, and tooling and fixtures to exacting tolerances and patterns to determine tooling feeds and speeds
* Provide clear communication to all shifts to ensure all production requirements are met
* Manage and maintain proper inventory levels to support business needs
* Teach, coach, and develop talent within the organization
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ensure compliance with all quality regulations, standards and corporate policies including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and AAR M-1003 for assigned department
* Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve efficiency while working cooperatively with other team members
* Provide technical assistance as needed
* Teach the lean philosophy, tools, and techniques to direct reports
* Supervises the application of Midland Policies to manufacturing operations
* Represents Midland in the community and promotes the organization's goodwill and interests in community activities
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area
* High School Diploma or GED
* *Three or more years proven success in a supervisory and/or managerial role in a manufacturing environment
* Three or more years of experience in an organization utilizing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
* Three or more years of experience operating CNC lathes and mills
* Experience reading blue prints and engineering drawings and interpreting/translating instructions Previous experience with ISO 9001 is preferred
Desired Characteristics, Competence and Capabilities:
* Must possess strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated as success in previous machine operation or like activitiesMust be process oriented with strong attention to detail
* Hands on, self-starter who is able to take ownership of a project and make quick decisions
* Working knowledge of commonly used business software products such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
* Ability to effectively problem-solve
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project completion
* Ability to read and understand drawings and prints
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
* This position is performed mainly in a manufacturing environment. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals, and vapors
* May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking
* May require lifting up to 30 pounds
* May require use of Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, Access, PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Illinois : Chicago || Americas : United States : Illinois : Skokie
Sub Division : Transportation
Job Requisition ID : 33292.