Maintenance Assistant - Part-Time Day Shift 9/2/2020
Prestige Care, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for someone who can do temporary full time. Pay will DOE. Please inquire for further details
Provides maintenance duties to the building, apartments, equipment, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
* Provides assistance in delivering preventive maintenance for the building, equipment, and grounds.
* Performs repairs under the supervision of the maintenance director and within area of expertise including, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting and in accordance to accepted codes.
* Conducts and records routine fire evacuations drills and inspects fire and emergency equipment.
* Assists in the inspection of the physical plant, furnishings and equipment on a regular basis identifying needed repairs or improvements and advises the maintenance directoror executive director of recommended solutions timely.
* Monitors and records building and water temperatures and adjusts to meet regulations and safety codes.
* Ensures strict adherence to community fire safety and hazardous chemical procedures, promptly address all unsafe conditions or equipment problems.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual dignity, rights and confidentiality standards.
* Performs floor care on an ongoing basis, including carpeting in resident apartments and common areas of the community.
* Removes trash gathered by housekeepers and caregivers on a daily basis.
* Ensures that outdoor walking areas and parking lot are clean and in good repair and free of debris.
* Maintains grounds in a professional, well groomed manner by performing grounds maintenance on a regular basis or working with a landscape company to maintain grounds in an appropriate manner.
* Assists in lifting and transporting heavy objects, including receiving shipments and furniture.
* Assists residents in hanging pictures, arranging furniture, or moving, as necessary.
* Assists and escorts inspectors on tours of the community.
* Keeps records on all supply and labor costs.
* Keeps a record of all community tools and equipment and keeping needed maintenance supplies stocked.
* Coordinates maintenance services with other departments and residents.
* Perform related duties as requested.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Complies with the attendance policy.
* Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire. Participates in training, in-services, and attends meetings as required.
* Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Vocational or Trade School degree in general maintenance or three years of experience in carpentry, electrical or painting work. Experience with budgets helpful.
Just minutes from fast-paced Portland and next door to the beautiful Columbia River, Prestige Senior Living Huntington Terrace (https://www.prestigecare.com/location/prestige-senior-living-huntington-terrace) offers residents high-quality senior living in an excellent location.
Cozy common areas, activity centers and a restaurant-style dining room make it easy for residents to catch up with one another or build new relationships. And, when it s time to venture into the surrounding area, residents enjoy the benefit of trained, on-site transportation staff to get them out and about.
In addition, our Huntington Terrace community offers our innovative Celebrations (https://www.prestigecare.com/service/our-services/assisted-living-/celebrations) wellness program, designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.:
Questions? Contact HuntingtonTerraceED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Join our nationally-recognized and award-winning care center! We were 1 of only 17 care centers in the entire state of Oregon to receive a 2019 Bronze National Quality Award through the American Health Care Association, which honors long term and post-acute care providers that have demonstrated their commitment to improving the quality of care for seniors and individuals with disabilities! Join our high-performing care team today!