Maintenance 1 (1st Shift) 1/11/2020
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
Inspects, installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, facilities, plumbing, electrical and systems through advanced level maintenance responsibilities. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed. Must have own hand tools. This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work. Work in a team oriented atmosphere with continuous improvement goals of achieving and maintaining a world-class production facility. Responsibilities
Preventive Maintenance / Miscellaneous Repair
* Service Motors, compressors, etc.
* Handle electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or HVAC issues requiring some independent judgment.
* Recognize and diagnose when a machine is not working up to its capabilities. Recognize root causes for machine performance, makes recommendations and prepares necessary corrective action.
* Make recommendations or assists in scheduling and/or performance of PMs.
Machine and Facility Repair / Projects
* Use experience and education to determine proper layout, assembly, installation, and maintenance of pipe systems and related hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and/or HVAC equipment.
* Work with outside contractors on major electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or HVAC issues, including major machine repair and rebuilding.
* Make recommendations and follows through on the installation, programming, or repairing of automated machinery and equipment.
* Trade School Degree Preferred
* Manufacturing maintenance or related environment experience.
* Some welding experience.
* Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics systems.
* Basic knowledge of plumbing fixtures and systems.
* Valid driver's license.
* May substitute experience while working towards certification requirements
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or training
We Offer a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.