Maintenance Manager, Cooper Lighting Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/1/2020
END DATE 4/17/2020
Signify North America Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Maintenance Manager at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You ll be based in the Vicksburg, MS facility and report to the Plant Manager. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our facilities and equipment.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees for the maintenance department
* Prepares designs and specifications and estimates costs for internal or contracted renovations, modifications, expansions, or installation of plant facilities and utilities
* Establishes preventative maintenance and service programs, procedures, and record systems in order to audit the performance of the services
* Develops and maintains a program for efficient production and use of power, water, and gas; provides instructions and procedures to ensure the program s continued usefulness
* Provides engineering and cost advice about plant facilities related to the short and long range needs of the business
* Coordinate work performed by outside vendors
* Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates
* Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts
* Control and monitor MRO and spare parts inventory
* Safety leader implement and manage safety policies and procedures for the department and the plant
* Assures compliance with federal, state, and local insurance ordinances, regulations, and codes
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or related field required
* 8+ years experience in maintenance management role
* Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
* Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
* Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* A strong background and a working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
* Background in Controls and PLC maintenance
* Experience in a Union environment
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT CURRENT OR FUTURE SPONSORSHIP NEEDS
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.