Maintenance Manager 5/6/2020
American Air Filter Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AAF International offers the most comprehensive clean air solutions available across the globe. Selling under the American Air Filter and the AAF International brand names, AAF International has been an industry pioneer since 1921 and has since grown to operations in over 22 countries with over 3000 employees. Our products are the industry benchmarks for quality and performance, and delivers clean air solutions in residential, commercial and industrial air pollution control, gas containment removal, power generation, and other stringent clean room environments.
We are a member of the Daikin Group, the world's largest air conditioning and clean air solutions provider with over $15 Billion in sales and 56,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1924, Daikin has grown into a diversified industrial manufacturing company offering solutions in clean, air, air conditioning, refrigeration, chemicals, oil hydraulics, defense systems and electronics. AAF and Daikin are powered by our investment in people, products, and our processes.
Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and world class operations is powered by our people centered management philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team, we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth & development, and continued happiness in being a long term member of the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back to our community for our success.
Read more about our philosophy at: http://www.daikin.com/about/corporate/philosophy/index.html
AAF International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for all plant maintenance, equipment installation, development and repair, consistent with company specifications, procedures and standards.
* Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
* Communicates directly with QC department to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QC policies and procedures.
* Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
* Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
* Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
* Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
* Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
* Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the filter industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
* Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
* Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
* Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
* Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, preventive maintenance (PM) compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
* Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
* Supervises and assists with hiring of plant maintenance personnel.
* Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
* Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
* Conducts employee performance reviews based on job description to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
* Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
* Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
* Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
* Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
* Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To keep both the building and all equipment in working order to enhance the ability of production to be able to meet production requirements.
* Responsible for being in constant contact with different departments and maintenance technicians.
* Prepare work schedules for maintenance department.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* High school graduate, post high school preferred.
* Must have 5+ years of management/supervisory experience in a maintenance/manufacturing environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of all machinery and equipment and the proper procedure for safe operation of same.
* Train employees on the proper maintenance of equipment while adhering to company safety guidelines.
* Establish an organized parts room with a perpetual inventory.
* Establish a PM program to reduce down time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
* Must be able to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, and squat to perform job functions.
* Must be able to use both hands and arms in a repetitive motion.
* Must be able to work in an office environment.
* Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
* Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
* Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
* Must be able to work in or travel through the manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, fumes and dust particles.
* Must be able to withstand both cold and hot conditions, depending on location and weather.
* Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.