Maintenance Mechanic 5/6/2020
Guida Seibert Dairy
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * The Maintenance Mechanic maintains and improves all production equipment and facility installations to assure and restore proper operation. * Maintains efficient operations of all production equipment and facility installations.
* Performs mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, and welding operations to repair or maintain parts, equipment, and facility installations.
* Keeps equipment functioning by cleaning, lubricating, and greasing parts.
* Prolongs endurance of equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules.
* Documents actions by completing maintenance logs.
* Maintains supplies by checking stock and logging in parts used daily.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices and electrical sources (troubleshooting malfunctions).
* Maintains safe and clean working environment.
* Contributes to team effort, and has good communication with others.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed by management.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* All personnel have the authority and responsibility for shutting down production lines and reporting to management when food safety or quality is suspected or known to be compromised.
* Management has the responsibility to assure that all food safety issues related to equipment, processes and methods have been adequately addressed to assure safe food is being produced before starting or continuing production.
* Adhere to all DFA Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
* Adhere to all DFA Safety policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to the Director of Plant Operations or the Safety Manager.
* Adhere to all DFA GMP/SOP policies and procedures, reporting any non-conformities to Quality Assurance Management.
High School Diploma or GED.
2-4 years prior related experience or equivalent.
* Good working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, electrical and electronics, basic plumbing (including sweating pipes), MIG and/or arc welding.
* Ability to use simple writing and basic mathematics.
* Ability to carry out instructions, as directed.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English