Maintenance Mechanic - Ottenberg's Bakers, Inc (Sykesville, MD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
REPORTS TO: ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, repairs and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards.
Primary Job Duties:
* Answer trouble calls to production equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance routines as assigned.
* Complete assigned work request repairs.
* Complete all related forms and paperwork prior to end of shift.
* Maintain shop and shop equipment in a clean and safe condition.
* Ensure all equipment is in a sanitary condition after performing work prior to release back to Production department.
* Test run all equipment after any repairs or P.M.'s.
* Maintain minimum tool list. Carry tools to all calls.
* Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, GMP's, etc.) including safety and work rules.
* Lock out all equipment prior to beginning work or removing guards.
* Do not attempt to operate equipment without prior knowledge of the operation.
* Make sure equipment is clear of personnel or foreign objects before starting.
* Do not attempt to stick any type of object into equipment while running.
* Always keep hands and arms free from moving part.
* Report any potential safety hazard immediately.
* Ensure all electric cabinets and enclosure are closed, locked and sealed.
* Maintain clean uniforms, shirt tucked in, sleeves buttoned or rolled up.
* Ensure proper G.M.P.'s are followed at all times.
* Shop will be swept prior to end of shift daily.
* All unserviceable used parts will be disposed of prior to end of shift.
* Parts storage areas will be maintained in an orderly manner.
* Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: Prior experience in plant maintenance or general commercial mechanic experience.
Education: Technical training or trade school diploma desired.
* Must possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
* Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
* Able to climb ladders, crawl under and onto equipment and work in tight spaces.
* Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
* Able to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
* Able to visibly distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment.
* Able to hear and identify audible alarm systems as well as normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
* Able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.