Maintenance Mechanic- San Leandro 5/2/2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Country United States of America
State / County California
City San Leandro
Company San Leandro
Position type Full Time
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year July 1 2020
71 Company Profile
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Location Profile PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space, San Leandro s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
Position Summary As our Maintenance Mechanic, you will perform mechanical tasks in the maintenance of plant and office facilities in accordance with quality standards. Your knowledge of safety standards with equipment and processes will be paramount as you step into each situation safely, set up and maintain all plant equipment, and meet production and safety standards. You will support all maintenance tasks and participate in PM operation to eliminate production downtime.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities * Follow established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to complete all departmental paperwork in fine detail and explain the logic of all phases; demonstrate ability to log on main computer system, extract information, log time; documents, records and maintains files of work performed on machinery.
* Adjusts equipment to obtain optimum running condition; disassembles equipment to determine extent of repair and approximate cost, determines best repair solution.
* Works from written and/or verbal instructions, wiring and circuit diagrams, installation and construction blueprints, electrical handbooks and charts, and in accordance with applicable codes and ordinances and established trade practices.
* Maintains buildings, facilities, and equipment requiring a good knowledge of general trade fundamentals.
* Co-ordinate repairs with Department Supervisors to minimize production down time.
* Maintain spare parts and hardware items in organized and prudent manner.
* Maintains buildings to include the repair of windows, doors, roofs, floors, stairways.
* Lubricates production, tool and facility equipment following established lubrication schedules, procedures and materials; repairs hand tools, fixtures, powered tools and miscellaneous equipment.
* Picks up requisitioned parts and materials from local suppliers and vendors as needed.
* Display a willingness and interest to learn through on the job training as well as pursue continuing formal education in areas of operation (Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, etc.), when available, is expected.
* Know and understand all general plant and department safety/quality rules and policies.
* Demonstrate proper procedures for signing off work orders and preventative maintenance sheets.
* Uses all standard tools such as benders, wire pullers, knockout cutters, hole saws, power saws, drill motors, etc.
* Understands operation and theory of ARC and MIG; ability to join parts adequately, but not necessarily structural or X-Ray quality.
* Understands operation and theory of Gas Welding and Cutting; ability to set-up equipment and be able to perform cuts and welds.
* Understands electrical theory and practice including 3 phase 480 volt wiring and trouble shooting.
* Understands Delta and Wye circuits.
* Can run distribution wiring and conduit for lighting and equipment, including disconnects and motor starters.
* Has basic knowledge of electronic circuits.
* Has thorough knowledge of electrical safety precautions and practices them.
* Understands how to follow diagrams to join pipes properly without leaks in copper, plastic, threaded or flanged pipe. Bend and fit flared or compress tubing, use manual or machine threading equipment, cut proper pipe lengths and hang securely, understands use of various piping materials.
* Proficient in using the on-line computer system as required in their job and identified in their procedures to perform their assigned tasks.
* Must have no violation of safety rules or policies.
* Maintains equipment to meet all production and quality standards.
* Performs all work necessary to achieve Plant goals.
* Responsible for Essential Job Functions of C level.
* Repairs facilities problems such as plumbing, welding, carpentry.
* Makes operational tests using such instruments as voltmeters, ammeters, wattmeter's, ohmmeters, etc.
* Removes and installs motors following basic drawings, layouts, instructions, and simple schematics.
* Updates all electrical drawings.
* Know approximate costs of molds, tools, equipment and supplies used in each department, and demonstrate care of company equipment.
* Can determine proper wire, fuse, motor starter and breaker sizes with a minimum amount of supervision.
* Is able to trouble shoot problems with motors and standard electrical equipment.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.