This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2019
END DATE 8/27/2019
Essity Professional Hygiene
South Glens Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMAINTENANCE PLANNER
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Essity Manufacturing Professional Hygiene, North America business is currently searching for a MAINTENANCE PLANNER for our manufacturing facility in South Glens Falls, NY.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning and scheduling of Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation work in accordance with good maintenance planning and scheduling process to support operations at the South Glens Falls manufacturing facility. This position is also responsible for assisting in the oversight of contractors, assisting craftsmen in troubleshooting equipment problems and insuring documentation is accurate and current. The position provides direct support to achieve operating and financial objectives for the facility. * Provides safety and housekeeping leadership through example and direct participation in safety and housekeeping improvement efforts;
* Plans and schedules Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument maintenance work in accordance with good Maintenance planning and scheduling processes;
* Manages the work order backlog insuring that work order status and priority is accurate;
* In collaboration with the RST develops weekly, daily and outage schedules including manning of jobs;
* Actively participates in daily, weekly and shutdown process and scheduling meetings;
* Works with the RST leads, engineers, department heads, maintenance leads and other planners to insure that their needs are incorporated into the planning, scheduling and execution of work process;
* Insure that the work order priorities provided by the RST leads, department heads, maintenance leads and engineers are planned and executed in a timely manner;
* Actively supports preventive maintenance and essential care/condition monitoring (PM/ECCM) concepts, policies and procedures. Insures that these needs are incorporated into the planning and scheduling process;
* Scopes work orders working utilizing the input from the Maintenance Leads, craftsmen, RST Leads, Engineers and other resources as needed to determine the required safety information, special permits, drawings, manuals, labor, materials and tools necessary to perform the job;
* Prepares work packages for all maintenance jobs including any necessary safety information, special permits, materials, drawings, tools etc. in accordance with good Maintenance planning and scheduling process prior to work being performed;
* Works with Sourcing Buyers and storeroom employees to insure materials are on site, inventoried, inspected and staged properly prior to the work being performed;
* Orders and coordinates special equipment, tools, scaffolding etc. necessary to perform the work;
* Prepares scope documents for contracted maintenance work;
* Works with Sourcing to solicit and analyze bids and issuing purchase orders for contracted work;
* Oversees contractors as assigned to insure that their work is executed in accordance with approved scopes of work. Monitors and documents any work performed outside of the approve scope;
* Inputs and updates all necessary information in the technical database system (SAP) for work orders including repair histories, bill of materials etc;
* Assist craftsmen in troubleshooting equipment problems;
* Works closely with the RST and Sourcing Buyer to insure that cost containment and cost reduction efforts are met;
* Participates in mill on call rotation;
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
* Engineering degree preferred, High School Diploma required;
* Three or more years of maintenance planning experience or equivalent maintenance supervisory or technical experience;
* Demonstrated experience with CMMS systems and scheduling software, SAP experience preferred;
* Demonstrated experience with process equipment and systems (in a paper mill a plus);
* Creates and drives performance enhancing initiatives at a challenging pace;
* Uses modern thought processes in providing and implementing progressive work practices;
* Effectively manages a broadly skilled workforce;
* Establishes goals, plans and manages execution effectively;
* Can articulate clearly and concisely in both written and oral formats;
* Effectively uses active listening skills and provides appropriate feedback;
* Can effectively communicate both upward and downward in the organization in the presentation of ideas, building consensus, and influencing others;
* Steps forward to address difficult issues;
* Represents and defends the corporate interest at all times;
* Effectively collaborates with others in the organization. Willing to cross departmental boundaries when appropriate to meet site and business needs.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
#LI-Essity (please leave this code to populate the job to a Premium Linkedin Slot, remove it in order to populate the job to a basic slot)
Essity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
TOGETHER, WE ARE IMPROVING LIVES, EVERY DAY.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.