Maintenance Supervisor - Princeton, NJ 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - PRINCETON, NJ
* Driving a positive safety culture with the belief that all injuries can be prevented
* Supervises mechanical and I&E maintenance crafts and outside contractors who perform maintenance service and/or repairs in plant to ensure the overall safe maintenance and efficiency of the plant.
* Leads the organization on executing equipment repairs and acts as the operations interface with technical resources but not limited to daily & weekly scheduling meetings and coordinates the outcomes to ensure a safe flow of daily work schedule communication and execution.
* Coordinates the work plan related to capital project installation, maintenance, and repair work within area of assigned duties to include scheduling work and equipment.
* Oversees contract labor support as needed for maintenance related work such as preventive maintenance and equipment repair and inspection, turnarounds such as IQMD weekend work and Holiday Break work.
* Ensures proper training, coaching and mentoring all direct reports for development and succession planning
* Works with production supervisors, engineering, managers, operators, QC to resolve issues.
* Collaborate with Training Group to ensure proper training is provided on operating and safety procedures, equipment and controls, and improving technical skills of operators.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or a related field. 5-10 years of progressive maintenance experience, preferably in manufacturing, engineering, operations management or similar field.
* Requires 3-5 years supervisory experience, preferably in a chemical or food/beverage manufacturing environment.
* Experience with LEAN Manufacturing and Sanitation experience, preferably in a perfumery and/or food/beverage facility.
* Ability to be on your feet upwards of 75-85% of a shift
* Ability to climb ladders and flights of stairs up to heights of 2nd to 3rd floor.
* Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Diversity, Inclusiveness, Belonging
* Work Ethics, Reliability, Punctuality (attendance)
* Continuous Improvement Mindset, Leadership, Courage to be Innovative
* Teamwork, Positive Attitude, Motivation, Adaptability
* Safety & Quality Conscious, Integrity
* High Challenge and High Reward Environment
* Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste
* Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
* Opportunity to work for a company that cares about the environment and sets and achieves ambitious sustainability objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.