Maintenance Technician 8/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all aspects of electrical and maintenance work at the plant and warehouse.
Work Hours 3:00pm 11:30 pm (OT and weekends) ***Abilty to train on 1st shift***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Maintenance Technician will perform all aspects of electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair from lightbulb replacement to complex wiring in a food manufacturing plant.
* Inspect electrical motors and devices; repair, remove and replace.
* Maintenance Technician will assist with the installation of food manufacturing equipment
* Maintain equipment for food manufacturing production.
* Maintenance Technician will perform preventive maintenance tasks
* Utilize a CMMS to accurately document the completion of all maintenance activities.
* Good Manufacturing Practices.
Comply with all safety requirements.
* H.S. Diploma Four year technical degree preferred
* 5 years relevant experience required
* Prior Food Manufacturing experience preferred
* Mechanical aptitude
* Strong understanding and compliance to LOTO, PPE, confined space entry and electrical safety programs
Physical: Must be able to climb stairs, sit and stand for long periods; type for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds occaisionally.
Sensory: Good Listening Skills
Mental/Reasoning: Must be able to perform root cause analysis and corrective action. Must be able to continuously learn and adapt to changes in the overall business relative to oils and oil processing.
Stratas Foods is committed to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity and inclusion in its workplace. It is our commitment to establish and maintain a talented, productive, diverse workforce that works together effectively to accomplish our goals.