Maintenance Technician 6/4/2020
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
In this role, you will:
* Follows all safety guidelines in the department including proper use of PPE and lockout procedures
* Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
* Utilize MAXIMO to identify and track completed tasks.
* Conduct corrective maintenance work orders
* Coordinate prioritization of work orders with Operations
* Use machinery/equipment specifically related to the position including saws/drills, welders, lathes, bending/cutting machines, basic mechanical tools, ultrasonic/vibration analysis equipment, piping, rigging, lifting, and sheet metal
* Perform various maintenance projects using concrete, lumber and metal
* Perform disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment.
* Operate electrical equipment such as digital multimeter, megohmeter, ammeter
* Perform light electrical duties such as replacing motors and controllers
* Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems of all plant equipment (e.g., mechanical drive systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems)Demonstrate a basic understanding of electrical schematics
* Demonstrate knowledge of electrical safety
* Understand control panel wiring standards
* Wiring and troubleshooting electrical control systems
* Perform panel/box inspections
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, motors and AC/DC motor drivers and circuit boards
* Perform MSS tasks.
* Assist Maintenance Planner and/or Maintenance Team Leader in planning and scheduling of shutdown activities as assigned.
* Maintain clean work environment.
* Ability to learn and perform minor machining and welding, TIG, MIG, and ARC
* Maintains the processing-related areas in an organized and sanitary manner within FDA GMP guidelines
* Performs other tasks and assists other functional areas of the department as needed and required.
* Physical activities include sweeping, shoveling, vacuuming, lifting/opening/dumping a minimum of 50# containers, climbing ladders and stairs, reaching/pulling/restacking, scooping, maneuvering various equipment, etc…
Reports directly to the Maintenance Team Leader.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work in a self-directed team environment with minimal supervision.
* Strong problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, ability to learn, verbal & numerical aptitude, good computer skills.
* Good communication skills and ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
* Physical requirements include standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and grasping. (NOTE: This job includes but is not limited to these requirements and abilities.)
* STANDING/WALKING; employee will travel throughout the plant while performing regular job duties. Longest distance 1 mile on flat concrete.
* SWEEPING: Using a broom and dust pan to clean the shop.
* USING POWER TOOLS in different positions and angles for bolting, screwing, cutting and grinding task
* LIFTING; lifting items such as pipes, ladders, conduit and other electrical equipment weighing anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds.
* PUSHING/PULLING; 2 wheel hand truck, dolley, pallet jack, tool boxes on 4 wheel cart, flatbed cart.
* BENDING/STOOPING/KNEELING/SQUATTING; Employee will be expected to assumes these positions/movements throughout a typical work day.
* CLIMBING; climbing 16' ladder and climbing machinery for maintenance purposes. Climbing up to 40 foot extension ladders.
* REACHING; using tape measure, holding material overhead (replacing lighting fixtures, installations and greasing equipment), and forward for repair work, replacing bolts, nuts, screws etc., and fastening equipment. These activities require both static and repetitive movements.
* HAND DEXTERITY; ability to grasp large heavy items as well as small delicate items.
* SITTING; completing work orders at a computer station, welding, core drilling.
* CRAWLING; for repair purposes, the employee must clear an 18" crawl space
* VISION: must be able to distinguish different color of wire insulation, resistors etc.
* SAFETY - Climbing up to 4 flights of stairs during emergency and/or down 10 flights of stairs
* SAFETY - Walking out of the building during evacuations briskly during emergencies.
The environment is dusty and may be hot and humid or cold. Many areas of the plant have noise levels above the 90dB level requiring the use of hearing protection.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Mechanics are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of processing and packaging equipment within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills- Kansas City plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. 7 AM TO 3 PM, 3PM TO 11 PM, 11 PM TO 7 AM. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in in work schedule and additional overtime. Maintenance Technicians must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Maintenance Technician position is $25.54 depending on experience up to a rate of $28.72. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Vision Insurance plan and 401K
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Install, maintain, repair, and replace industrial processing and packaging machinery, work tools and equipment
* Provide technical support and plant leadership for equipment troubleshooting and equipment modifications
* Perform both uptime and down time preventative maintenance in adherence to the master PM schedule
* Perform corrective maintenance work orders
* Repair and maintain building utilities
* Have the ability to learn and perform minor machining and welding tasks
* Design and layout circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
* Assist with training new employees as needed
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.