Maintenance Technician 6/5/2020
Morton Buildings Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
* Spencer, IA, United States
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the Industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers Nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Maintenance Technician will be part of the Product Delivery team to ensure building components are manufactured and delivered according to Morton Buildings safety and quality standards. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the mechanical integrity of the trucking fleet and manufacturing equipment.
* Maintain a safe workplace and use safe practices for mechanical maintenance following all DOT and OSHA procedures - i.e., hazardous material handling, lock-out/tag-out, seatbelt use, etc.
* Maintain the semi-tractor and trailer fleet to the mechanical and safety standards required by the manufacturer and the Department of Transportation
* Maintain the manufacturing equipment to the mechanical and safety standards of the manufacturer, as well as the industry standards set by OSHA
* Work with the Supervisor to provide well-maintained vehicles, equipment and machinery for the employees of Morton Buildings
* Consistently serve the needs of the drivers and machine operators
* Consult with the Supervisor concerning inventory levels of supplies and parts necessary to maintain the trucking fleet and machinery
* Work as a team with other mechanics to help maintain standard operating procedures
* Maintain constant awareness of safety, efficiency and profitability of the plant equipment, and display flexibility and creative-thinking capability to solve problems
* Communicate clearly and frequently with the Supervisor and fellow employees who operate vehicles and equipment regarding maintenance requirements
* Focus on customer service, with an emphasis on quality and timeliness
* Adhere to processes that ensure costs are in line with services provided
* Contribute to a positive, teamwork environment to support plant and corporate objectives
* Maintain and record PM records on equipment in the plant
* Technical college coursework completed in Diesel Mechanics or Mechanical/Industrial Engineering Technology or equivalent work experience as a mechanic and/or in industrial machine maintenance/repair
* Mechanically diverse experience highly desired (hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, PLC)
* Mechanical aptitude for repair and maintenance of equipment
* Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
* Self-motivated, willing and able to continuously improve in job performance and job development through obtaining necessary maintenance certifications
* Dedication and enthusiasm to provide quality service in a timely manner to those requiring dependable vehicles and equipment
* Active listening, learning and reading comprehension skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
* Willing and able to take direction
* Able to work on your feet as required
* Able to lift 20 50 lbs frequently; 50 100 lbs occasionally
* Able to pass a basic math test
* Reliable transportation to work every day
* Willing and able to work year-round, regular overtime and off-hours, as needed
* Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
* Paid sick time
* 401k Opportunity
* ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.