Maintenance Utility Person 8/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SEARCH OUR JOBS
Radius Miles5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 miles
MAINTENANCE UTILITY PERSON
Apply Now Save Job
Nashua, New Hampshire
Are you searching for a long-term position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success* If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing Fortune 500 Company!
Summary - This role will assist with maintaining location building and equipment systems by performing assigned tasks such as, but not limited to; plant production utility functions, basic maintenance functions, loading and unloading shipments and deliveries, painting, powered industrial truck / lift operation, plant cleaning / blowdowns, and operating Company vehicles.
* Uses common tools to perform plant cleaning operations, including but not limited to: floor scrubbers, lint and dust removal devices, outside rubbish removal, equipment cleaning, and pit / trench screen cleaning.
* Performs miscellaneous painting tasks within the plant or outside painting on the facilities and grounds.
* Operates powered industrial forklifts / lifts throughout the facilities to assist in relocating materials.
* Assists in loading and unloading trucks making deliveries or pickups.
* Assists with production receiving activities.
* May perform various levels of facilities upkeep including landscaping, snow removal, and other refuse removal.
* After appropriate training; performs light equipment maintenance tasks such as filter cleaning and replacement, trench screen cleaning, lint and dust blowdown of facilities and equipment, fluid level checks, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, cart cleaning and repair, and pressure washing.
* Upon proper training and certification, may be called upon to operate Company vehicles such as shuttle trucks or route trucks.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
* Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment (forklifts, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts) and other similar tools as required.
* Experience using basic hand and power tools required.
* Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
* Ability to read, comprehend and interpret procedures and instructions.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and managers.
UniFirst is one of North America s largest workwear and textile service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing, and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first UniFirst.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the following benefits highlighted:
* 401K with Company match
* Profit Sharing
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Long Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Programs
* Sick Time
* Paid Holidays
* Direct Payroll Deposit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
* Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request. Apply Now Save Job
Check out where you could be working if you apply. View map
* Customer Service Representative - UniFirst Vernon, California, United States
* Representante de routes - UniFirst Canada L vis, Quebec, Canada
* Route Service Representative - UniFirst Canada LaSalle, Quebec, Canada
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
* Stand out more than with resume alone.
* Stay up-to-date on UniFirst news.
* Chat with current Team Partners.
Last NameSelect InterestsSelect a job category from the list of options. Select a location from the list of options. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAccounting/Finance/InsuranceAdministrativeCustomer ServiceEngineeringEquipment and Facilities MaintenanceFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyMaintenanceManagementProductionPurchasingSalesSales ManagementServiceService ManagementTransportation
LocationSelect LocationAlabama, United StatesAlberta, CanadaArizona, United StatesArkansas, United StatesBritish Columbia, CanadaCalifornia, United StatesColorado, United StatesConnecticut, United StatesDelaware, United StatesFlorida, United StatesGeorgia, United StatesIdaho, United StatesIllinois, United StatesIndiana, United StatesIowa, United StatesKansas, United StatesKentucky, United StatesLouisiana, United StatesMaine, United StatesMaryland, United StatesMassachusetts, United StatesMichigan, United StatesMinnesota, United StatesMississippi, United StatesMissouri, United StatesNebraska, United StatesNevada, United StatesNew Brunswick, CanadaNew Hampshire, United StatesNew Jersey, United StatesNew Mexico, United StatesNew York, United StatesNorth Carolina, United StatesNova Scotia, CanadaOhio, United StatesOklahoma, United StatesOntario, CanadaOregon, United StatesPennsylvania, United StatesQuebec, CanadaRhode Island, United StatesSouth Carolina, United StatesTennessee, United StatesTexas, United StatesUtah, United StatesVermont, United StatesVirginia, United StatesWashington, United StatesWest Virginia, United StatesWisconsin, United StatesAdd
* Maintenance, Nashua, New Hampshire, United StatesRemove
* Equipment and Facilities Maintenance, Nashua, New Hampshire, United StatesRemove
CONNECT WITH UNIFIRST
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, events and opportunities. #UniFirstFamily
LINKEDIN JOB MATCHING
Find UniFirst jobs that match your LinkedIn profile. Start matching