Mammography Technologist - PRN 10/17/2019
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY YOU.
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Mammography Technologist.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
Youre equally comfortable with MRI protocols, communication, and patient care.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Mammography Technologist you need to know how to:
* Perform breast imaging procedures within the scope of the assigned department. Prepare exam room. Obtain informed consent, and request an accurate clinical history as necessary for the exam. Review patient history and determine proper selection of protocols. Explain method of examination and position patient. Assess the patients status and needs, complete appropriate diagnostic techniques/tests to ascertain patients on-going condition, and perform the necessary interventions.
* Review and evaluate completed tests for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered, including coordination from third parties/referrals. Ensure quality images. Coordinate the preparation of images/exams and needed documentation for physician partners.
* Document and communicate patient related information thoroughly and accurately. Inform patient of physicians instructions or ancillary caregivers observations or concerns and take same into consideration in providing appropriate care. Meet the needs of the patient, family and multi-disciplinary team through effective communication, coordination and documentation ensuring safety, care, courtesy and efficiency. Ensure safe and effective hand off between shifts by communicating clearly with oncoming shift.
* Monitor equipment reliability and safety. Report issues and/or repairs or service due. Order and stock supplies, clean rooms, and equipment to maintain work environment. Transport patients as needed.
* Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure. Actively participate in quality initiatives, including patient satisfaction, patient care, and workflow.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* Graduate of an accredited American Registry of Radiologic Technology program
* Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (R)
* Current American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT(M) or the ability to obtain within 18 months of hire
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association
* Demonstrated knowledge of radiation safety, anatomy (including the skill in recognition of normal and abnormal variants), and quality control standards for M.Q.S.A
* At least one (1) year of diagnostic radiology experience
* Previous experience in Breast Imaging procedures
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Mammography Technologist on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities