Manager, Business Process & Technology 12/6/2019
Buckeye Partners L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE SUMMARY:
The Manager - Business Process & Technology role supports the Senior Manager, Policy & Internal Control and is a key liason with IT and other critical areas of the business to support Buckeye s initiatives related to business process improvement and automation, corporate system applications, Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and ERP governance. The role requires collaboration with Buckeye s Finance and Accounting teams as well as IT, Supply Chain and Operations to identify areas of improvement, set priorities, and lead solution development and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* REPORTS TO THE SENIOR MANAGER, POLICY & INTERNAL CONTROL with responsibilities in supporting the Controller Group management team, including Enterprise Asset Management.
* ERP GOVERNANCE serve as the primary owner of the governance over the financial modules of our ERP system as well as the related to key reports and data management from a user group perspective.
* ENTERPRISE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (EPM) Assist with the development, planning and execution of an EPM solution strategy for the organization including consolidation and reporting.
* DATA ANALYTICS Drives strategy and execution on the use of business data to provide critical analysis to support organizational decision making. Partners with the business and corporate management on data governance and development of key performance indicator and reporting.
* REPORT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT Primary report developer to support EAM and ERP Governance initiatives, as well as provide customer service to Finance and its partners in the preparation and maintenance of key dashboards and reports.
* PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND AUTOMATION Liaise between IT and Accounting/Finance department. Identify financial impacts, if any, document and develop methodologies to promote process improvements within the Finance organization. Facilitate collaborative design sessions with the Finance team and its partners to deliver documentation. In scenarios where IT development is required, team with IT to ensure communication of all requirements and confirmation that technical and business requirements are in sync.
* DATA GOVERNANCE Maintain the integrity of the EAM and ERP financial data governance. The role includes EAM and Chart of Accounts (COA) maintenance, metadata management, and Data Dictionary updates.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related discipline required.
* 7+ years of progressive professional experience.
* Strong understanding of financial systems and supporting processes.
* Strong understanding of financial statements (i.e. Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cashflow) and impacts. Management reporting and Consolidation experience is helpful.
* Prior JDE experience is preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including functions, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
* Demonstrated strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
* Experience working cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* CPA or CIA preferred.
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* In order to succeed in this position, the incumbent must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with excellent writing and oral communication skills.
* This is a very detail-oriented position that requires a great deal of accuracy.
* Strict deadlines and timelines must be adhered to with regards to reporting requirements.
* Must possess personal commitment to integrity, achievement of departmental and business results and outstanding customer services, both internal and external.
* This position requires a detailed approach to task completion, strong communication and organization skills, positive relationship and collaboration/problem solving skills, professionalism when dealing with internal customers, and a general understanding of project dynamics.
* Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* Normal Office working environment.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend