Manager, Collections 11/15/2019
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE'RE DRIVING TOWARD THE ULTIMATE VICTORY: A WORLD WITHOUT THE FEAR OF CANCER.
Imagine a world without fear of cancer. At Varian, that s what we do, every day. We re a company that is unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to achieve new victories in the fight against cancer When you join Varian, you re joining a global company with over $3 billion in annual revenue, and some 9,200 team members across 70 countries around the world. You ll enjoy a corporate culture that seeks to foster your creative potential and inspire you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place that is making a difference in people s lives.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, AMR Credit and Collections, the Manager, Collections will be key in managing the activities of the collection department. The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
* Develop, implement and maintain systems and procedures.
* Oversee analysis of accounts receivable, accounts aging to evaluate overdue accounts, and collection procedures.
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Prepare necessary month-end and quarter-end analyses of customers aging and delinquent accounts.
* Escalate problem accounts to management as necessary.
* Provide reports on collection activities.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people.
* Effective interpersonal skills. Collections experience in equipment and service industries.
* Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
* Typical Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree or equivalent. 5 years of related experience.
* 3-5 years of management experience or supervisory equivalent.
We're unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to achieve new victories in the fight against cancer. Join us and have a global impact.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.