Manager, Health & Safety (1834)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2019
END DATE 1/21/2020
ENGIE Services US
South Boston, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT ENGIE SERVICES U.S. INC.:
ENGIE Services U.S. (ESUS) is a national energy infrastructure and building services company that helps education, government, commercial and industrial customers become more efficient, productive, and sustainable. Customers benefit from our wide spectrum of highly customizable building system maintenance and facility management services, technical projects, and integrated programs. Over the past 40 years, our thousands of customers have captured more than $2.7 billion in savings combined, while also improving the performance of their facilities in terms of reliability, safety, comfort, and resource use.
Directs, develops and ensures implementation of a Health and Safety (H&S) Management System that encompasses standards of excellence, programs, policies, procedures and processes (4Ps). Responsible for partnering with ENGIE North Americas H&S staff in the development and execution of a strategic plan as it relates to ENGIE Services US.
ENGIE Services US Vice President of Operations Direct Report
ENGIE Services, Director Health & Safety Matrix Report
Local Candidates Only this position may be based in any of several of ENGIE Services US major offices including Oakland, CA, Pasadena, CA, Norwell, MA, Overland Park, KS, or Houston, TX.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Manages the H&S staff throughout ENGIE Services US.
* Manages H&S databases and provides required monthly statistical reports to ENGIE NA corporate H&S staff. Tracks the performance and progress of ENGIE Services US action plans [strategic objectives], programs and processes.
* Conducts regular onsite training, supervision, compliance audits, incident investigations at jobsite, and safety cultural assessments.
* Leads and directs all near-miss and serious incident investigations that result in a lost time accident. Applies Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) tools when conducting investigations to determine causal factors. Identifies countermeasures to prevent recurrence and eliminate deviations from the standard.
* Provides guidance and act as a role model for the ENGIE Services H&S staff, Construction & Project Management leaders, and Front-Line Supervisors in the effective implementation of the 4Ps.
* Manages the design of an Engie Services US H&S Management System in partnership with ENGIE NA H&S staff that meets the ISO 18001 standard as a guideline. Ensures conformance to the standard results in compliance to the regulation. Researches new or revised OSHA (US) / OH&S Act (Canada) regulatory requirements. Anticipates changes and updates the 4Ps as required with follow on training for effective implementation.
* Develops the ENGIE Services US H&S budget in collaboration with ENGIE Services NA H&S staff.
* Manages the selection of third-party H&S auditors, consultants and contractors.
* Implements a communication strategy that promotes leadership engagement between management, front line supervisors, foremen, technician / craft personnel and contractors to create a culture where H&S is a principle and not a priority.
* Implements an observation program that focuses on pre-job/task activities. Ensures the Job Safety Plan process permeates down to the granularity of the specific task assigned.
* Benchmarks the current state of service and construction-oriented safe work procedures against a Best in Class standard. Orchestrates plans to close identified gaps in coordination with ENGIE NA H&S staff.
* Participates in supplier qualification process through ISN and reviews contractor safety plans and procedures to assure their standard is equal or more stringent than ENGIE Services safety standard for the project assigned.
* Coordinate with each HSE lead the working environment risk assessments for each project bid and reconfirmed during the award including the budget for cost-effective countermeasures.
* Other tasks as assigned by manager.
* Subject matter expert in OSHA (US) regulations. Minimum OSHA 10 Certification, OSHA 30 Certification preferred.
* Exhibit mastery of root cause failure analysis tools and their application for recordable events.
* Possess superior verbal, written, interpersonal, public speaking, facilitation and presentation communication skills when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience with behavioral science and the psychology behind influencing change.
* Experience in an industrial construction environment.
* Exhibit high levels of emotional intelligence as a team leader in the creation of a desire-based vs. compliance-based safety culture.
* Proficient in database management and analyses in direct support of essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and enter confined spaces as required to complete safety audits and assess job site conditions for working environment hazards.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Ability to travel independently to ENGIE Services locations in North America up to 50% of the time.
* Bachelors Degree in Safety Management, Engineering or Construction related field OR
* Ten (10) years experience in an industrial construction environment.
* 5 years experience with a Mechanical or Electrical specialty trades contractor with responsibility for field site safety
* Experience with construction projects in Schools, Hospitals, Public Sector (i.e. cities, counties, special districts)
* Knowledge of and experience in the Performance Contracting industry
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Travel up to 25 percent.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.