Manager - JHI Business & Project Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/6/2019
END DATE 12/19/2019
Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONMANAGER - JHI BUSINESS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Requisition #: 202444
Location: Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins Medicine International (JHI) is a healthcare services organization created to further the mission of Johns Hopkins Medicine by improving the health of the global community and setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. To accomplish this mission, JHI has developed a series of products and services to assist public and private sector clients raise the standard of care at medical institutions abroad. Among those products and services, include hospital management support, clinical care, medical program development, education, training, quality assurance, patient safety, international accreditation, and other similar services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Johns Hopkins Medicine International (JHI), the Business & Project Management Manager is responsible for oversight of day-to-day activities to ensure JHI s programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. This position implements and provides guidance related to JHI processes and policies, oversees the work of finance and operations staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position will also leads and direct the work of the finance and operations team, as well as anyone on the project itself.
This position is responsible for upholding the team s application of project management best practices and principles in all project work, determining synergies and dependencies across the project portfolios to maximize resource efficiencies, and ensuring the quality of deliverables submitted meet stakeholder expectations as agreed upon in project charters. This position is expected to be familiar with concepts, practices and procedures related to project management, such as change management, performance improvement, resource management, risk management, portfolio management, business analytics, strategic communications, stakeholder management and forecasting.
Education: Master s in Business, Health Administration or other relevant field is required.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in: health care, operations, or consulting.
* Supervisory, managerial, or project management experience required
* Process and System Design/Improvement Experience, Lean Sigma (preferred)
* International Healthcare experience (preferred).
* Experience in data management and statistical analyses to recommend courses of action based on data.
* Experience in performing analyses of flow, staffing, scheduling, and resource utilization to develop and recommend courses of action.
* Experience in identifying and illustrating relationships among complex activities.
* Advanced level of expertise in spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, process flow mapping, and project management software required.
* Knowledge of finance, operations, logistics, administrative theory, process improvement and project management preferred.
* Knowledge of time and motion study techniques is preferred.
* Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies is preferred.
* Clinical or health operations experience preferred.
* Knowledge and practice of organizational behavior and change management is preferred.
* Understanding of healthcare and hospital settings is preferred.
* Proven track record in partnering with faculty and university stakeholders to develop and implement aligned programs with margin for re-investment into mission
* Analytical and problem solving abilities. Experience in data management and statistical analyses to recommend courses of action based on data.
* Leadership / facilitation, conflict management and negotiation skills.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins is a smoke free campus
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, disability, protected veteran status and or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.