Manager, Paid Search Marketing Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/5/2020
END DATE 1/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat We're Looking For:
We're looking for a Manager to help lead the growth of our internal Paid Search team. They will be responsible for overseeing operations of a team of 2-4 individuals who directly manage the performance of a substantial marketing budget. The ideal candidate has a highly analytical mind and is already an expert in Google's marketing stack. This role will have a significant focus on full-funnel performance, channel innovation, testing, and automation for scale.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Full ownership of multiple high-profile strategic projects (automation, creative strategy and process, account audit and restructure, etc.)
- Maintains emphasis on full-funnel performance and valuations in all aspects of their work
- Proactively identifies new ways to test (tactics, structural changes, reporting, etc) via thorough understanding of marketing platforms, technical infrastructure, and business goals
- Continually works to surface innovation opportunities that align with broader business objectives
- Manages a team of 2-4 ambitious and highly trained paid search Sr. Specialists, Specialists, and Coordinators
- Responsible for guiding career development for team members and providing consistent coaching and feedback
- Participates in the full recruitment life cycle
- Manages execution and performance of paid search marketing for a small portfolio of 2U-powered graduate programs
- Acts as first point of coverage as needed
- Assists with growing and strengthening relationships with platform partners
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years paid search advertising experience, either at an agency, in-house, or other search technology platform
- 2+ years management experience
- Direct hands-on experience with Google Ads (formerly Adwords), Bing Ads, and Yahoo! Gemini
- Thorough understanding of search management platforms such as Search Ads 360 (formerly DoubleClick Search), Kenshoo, Marin, or proprietary solutions
- Strong data analysis abilities and data-driven approach to media
- Skilled, process-based thinker that can help others develop and execute solutions at scale
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills
- Adaptable to change and driven to obtain new skills or knowledge to take on uncharted territory
- Experience onboarding and training team members on platform fundamentals and more advanced search features
- Bachelor's degree or higher
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor - it's our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit ******. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.