Manager, Product Marketing - SII 5/5/2020
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex Corp. is renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems. We apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
Sysmex Inostics, a subsidiary of Sysmex Corp. is a molecular diagnostics company that is a pioneer in blood-based cell-free tumor DNA testing in oncology. Our highly sensitive OncoBEAM and SafeSEQ technologies can detect minute amounts of mutant DNA circulating in the bloodstream. With these technologies we support clinical researchers and oncologists with therapy selection and monitoring of response, recurrence as well as resistance.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Product Marketing Manager. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for leading marketing across SI s Patient Testing and Pharma CRO and LDT product lines. This experienced Manager will own the product marketing of Symex Inostics blood-based molecular diagnostics from developing the strategic vision and multi-channel marketing plan to crafting the optimal user experience. S/he will be the essential link between each department across Sysmex Inostics working to make our current and future diagnostic products a success.
The product marketing team is responsible for developing strategies and tactics to drive testing volume on both the clinical testing and the pharma CRO business units. Key to this role is building and delivering a clear value proposition across all product offerings to create best in class marketing and sales programs for all aspects of life cycle management. This role includes the use of market research to add insight into product rollout and tactical plans and be responsible for digital, tradeshow, print and face-to-face marketing activities to represent the SI product line. This role will interface with numerous functional areas including Sales, Strategic & Technical Product Marketing, Graphic Design, Web, Clinical Specialists, R&D, Legal and QA/RA. The qualified individual will become the internal and external champion for all Sysmex Inostics product lines; developing, designing, and supporting the presentation of technical materials, advertising copy, white papers, sales tools and training materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead the marketing product strategy for Sysmex Inostics by developing and executing a multi-channel marketing strategy by leveraging customer insights and working closely with the sales force, medical affairs, and other teams across SI.
* Owns business cases, market intelligence and voice of customer requirements for new and existing product development. Monitors competitive activities.
* Own overall product portfolio performance, including driving growth and achieving revenue targets.
* Serve as the internal and external champion for the Sysmex Inostics product lines; successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials.
* Develops messaging, marketing materials, campaigns, and programs to facilitate product adoption and increase utilization and leads go-to-market strategies for future blood-based diagnostic products.
* Collaborates on product development and lead future launches by working closely with product development and R&D to refine future products, optimize them for commercialization.
* Works closely with head of sales to lead co-develop sales targeting strategy and develop sales training, including content generation and presentation.
* Leads tradeshow strategy, logistics, and operations to promote products at industry tradeshows across business units.
* Own the user / product experience: Manage and optimize the physician and CRO customer user experience, including all materials and processes related to sample collection, test ordering, delivery, and reporting.
* Supports and develops key opinion leaders as speakers and collaborators.
Percentage of Travel: 35%
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
* Bachelor s Degree in related field required, MBA or Masters preferred. 8+ years' required experience in LDT & Pharma molecular diagnostics marketing and Oncology Sales.
* Well - organized, analytical, creative, and strategic thinker capable of generating creative concepts and evolving them into action plans to support strategic goals and drive results
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (PowerPoint presentation and oral presentation skills are required)
* Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market for the benefit of patients.
* Have a high degree of clinical diagnostics market understanding and maintain a high degree of product and market knowledge.
* Able to work independently with strong work ethic.
* Must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge.
* Must be willing to Field Travel with Key Account Managers with occasional overnight responsibilities.
* Diagnostics/Oncology sales & marketing
* Thrives in a Fast-Paced Environment.
* Leadership presence and a can-do attitude.
* Self-starter requiring limited supervision.
* Innate sense of curiosity and drive to deliver results.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing..