Manager Software Engineering 5/7/2020
Ameren Services Company
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About The Position
The Manager, Software Engineering directs a team of software engineers involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications. This Manager position has direct responsibility for people leadership, including career development, performance management, pay determination and communication.
Key responsibilities include:
* Oversees and manages digital professionals and/or consultants as relevant, prioritizes work based on overall business and technology strategy
* Manages resources, including allocation of current resources into organizational priorities and developing resource plans and roadmaps for future needs and requirements
* Maintains a working knowledge of Ameren core business applications, processes and requirements to allow for the effective application of emerging technologies to resolve business problems and gain productivity
* Displays broad knowledge across the software engineering discipline
* Utilizes in-depth knowledge and holistic view of development systems to train, mentor and coach team members
* Utilizes in-depth knowledge of root cause analysis and problem identification to train, mentor and coach team members
* Reviews critical tickets/incidents for lower levels to ensure accuracy; provides input into monitoring systems and leads resolution process for critical issues that impact multiple applications or groups
* Utilizes in-depth knowledge of requirements development activities to train, mentor and coach team members
* Uses large group network across the organization to help co-workers facilitating meetings to mentor and coach co-workers
* Remains abreast of new developments and trends in the digital industry to maintain professional expertise, assist in technology planning and influence the technology standards used by the company
* Utilizes in-depth expertise and knowledge to train, mentor and coach co-workers on complex integration systems and technologies
* Prepares, manages and supports multiple concurrent integrated enterprise system software, hardware and content implementation plans
* Builds and leads a team to execute on functional area objectives
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Previous people or project leadership experience
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Strong leadership skills, experience working with and /or leading diverse teams of Digital / IT professionals, excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate must also have the ability to work with a high degree of independence and autonomy, along with a body of work that clearly demonstrates self-initiative, a strong work ethic, and achieving results through others.
In addition, candidates must have the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high incidence of changing requirements, analyze and clarify ambiguous requests/instructions, meet very aggressive deadlines and demanding work schedules, and manage large workloads. The Manager, Software Engineering works a standard day-shift in an office environment, but may also need to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations. May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran