Manufacturing Engineer (CNC Machining) 2nd Shift 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Pentair currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team at our Ashland, OH location. In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This Manufacturing Engineer will recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. This role will also coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products. #LI-KS
* Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
* Pay competitively
* Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair s proven best practices
* Offer health benefits & coaching
* Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
* Offer employee discounts
* Protect you with life insurance and other options
* Tell you more about all the great benefits just ask!
* Develop CNC programming for the machining of various parts on a number of different types of programming languages and machine manufactures.
* Develop manufacturing methods for casting production and driving quality.
* Standardize manufacturing processes.
* Use principles of engineering to drive continuous improvement.
* Perform research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
* Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
* Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
* Design, develop, and test and/or source and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
* Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
* Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Have 7 or more years of related experience
* Have working knowledge of CNC programming, CAD/CAM software and experience in selecting proper tooling for the machining application.
* Have kaizen and lean manufacturing techniques.
* Possess a high level of technical competence and understanding in employee management, conflict resolution, manufacturing operations, continuous improvement, Lean enterprise and quality systems.
* Have excellent follow up to resolve pending issues in support of progress.
* Be well versed in manufacturing concepts and practices.
* Have prior experience in a Lean Enterprise environment.
* Be proficient in MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
* Have knowledge of MRP or other computer systems is essential.
* Be able to analyze data and use good judgment to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
* Be able to multi-task.
* Have quality orientation and attention to detail.
* Have good problem analysis and problem solving skills.
* Have technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Be a team player.
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred, not required.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.