Manufacturing Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to provide resources to assist the Value Streams with the capability to produce product safely to the required specification, cost, quality, and timescales. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineering manager will oversee the work activities associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and activities. This role reports to the Senior Director of Operations for the Electronic Warfare and Integrated Solutions Business Area.
In this role, you will co-ordinate process and manufacturing engineering participation in the Cobham Lifecycle Management process to successfully introduce new products into production, participating in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality and manufacturing requirements and considerations as well as manage and facilitate all process engineering activities associated with keeping all relevant manufacturing areas in value added work, and to promote best practice and methodologies in accordance with agreed business plans.
* Provide leadership for the day to day direction of the manufacturing engineering team
* Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization
* Oversee the activities associated with developing new or modified process formulation, defining processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviewing process techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products.
* Conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, equipment automation technology and approaches in the processing development of new or improved processes.
* Facilitate robust, cost efficient, safe manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with standard methods of work utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
* Be aware of process constraints and provide solutions as appropriate
* Promote a structured approach to root cause problem solving where quality, cost or delivery are substandard as a result of process definition or capability
* Identify and define methods and practices to reduce variation
* Manage departmental and capital budgets
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
* Coach, counsel, mentor and provide developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Recognize contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
* Develop work group, project or operational goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy. Measure progress, making adjustments as needed. Hold direct reports accountable for achieving goals. Achieve goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Establish partnerships and relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
* Convey organizational messages to facilitate the accomplishment of work group, project or process goals. Proactively communicate with employees, peers (e.g., fellow managers) and customers. Keep others informed by communicating project status, conducting and participating in team meetings, providing presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions. Communicate policies and directives to enhance employee awareness of expectations.
* Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a technical field
* 3+ years of people leadership experience OR 2+ years of people leadership experience with a master's degree
* 3-5 years of electronic component or electro-mechanical process manufacturing experience to include:
Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), including Surface Mount Technology, through hole, micro-electronics assembly
System level electro-mechanical assembly * 1 - 2 years of engineering experience
* US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Aerospace or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
* Active DoD clearance
* Electronic component or electro-mechanical process manufacturing experience to include:
Cable & Harness Assembly
Machining & finishing (painting)
Plastic lay-up molding * Process manufacturing experience within the DoD, Aerospace, electronic component or electro-mechanical components field
* Experience managing teams of 10+ professional level employees
* Lean manufacturing practitioner expertise
* Team facilitation and leadership (Lean and Root Cause Problem Solving) expertise
* NPI experience, including manufacturing process management and improvement
* Bid and Proposal generation and process management (Basis of Estimate generation)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.