Manufacturing Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
BUSINESS: Leslie Controls, Inc
DIRECT REPORTING: Director of Plant Management
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
The manufacturing engineering manager will lead and support the manufacturing engineering team. The scope of this role will be managing a team of manufacturing engineers and maintenance technicians in order to support daily production, process improvement, and identifying the necessary equipment and process to produce quality products. They will analyze and interpret technical data such as engineering drawings, specifications, purchase orders, etc. This role will have 11 direct reports
* Provide leadership for the day to day direction of the manufacturing engineering team
* Based on requirements from customer orders, plan sequences of operations for fabrication and assembly of products.
* Ensure efficient and effective manufacturing methods are used that are compatible to available machines.
* Specifies, design and/or procures special tooling or equipment required to attain product per customer requirement within budgeted cost and time.
* Facilitate robust, cost efficient, safe manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with standard methods of work utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
* Manage departmental and capital budgets.
* Participate in the Company s Corrective Action and MRB Boards.
* Assuring product and process quality by designing, proofing and validating manufacturing methods, including assembly, process, inspection and test; establish standard work procedures, process capability and process control.
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
* Analyze and resolve fabrication and tooling issues to avoid problems.
* Value engineer existing products and processes to reduce cost, lead time and cycle times.
* Establish partnerships and relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports
* Complies with all company policies/procedures.
* Complies with all military and contractual requirements.
* All other duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* High ethical standards. Models and supports organization s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* CAD/CAM software use
* Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
* Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
* Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy; enjoys challenges; drives for results. Versatility, flexibility and a wiliness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
* Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting and technology. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write clearly and informatively routine reports, correspondence, and designs workflows and procedures. Presents numerical data effectively.
* Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools.
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 Standards, Statistics and Root Cause Analysis
* Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Solidworks, CATIA and other applicable tools.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or a technical field
* Must have at least three (3+) years of engineering management experience in a manufacturing environment
* US Citizen and ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
CIRCOR IS AN EEO EMPLOYER OF FEMALES / MINORITIES / VETERANS / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Apply Not ready to Apply*